Ball retention systems are prevalent in this sport, involving suspended netting behind elevated posts. Normally 30m wide & 12m high. Substantial run off areas are also common in Rugby grounds, with spectator fencing used to marshal spectators when at pitch level.
NK Sports Gaelic
GAA Ireland Official On Twitter
Areas To Think About
Below read frequently asked questions and have a look at our illustration to help you with areas to think about.
What height of fence do I require?
- GAA: 3.0 – 6.0m
What must I consider in the specifications of a sports system?
- This depends on the complexity of the project, however common points are:
- Proximity of fence line to the playing area
- Height of fence
- Sport being played (hard ball or soft ball sports)
- Is the fence also acting as a security perimeter?
- Are there minimum performance criteria to apply?
What is the size of a goal recess?
- There are no strict guidelines as they are used in general purpose games areas. Common sizes are 2.5m or 5.0m wide x 1.2m deep
What are Ballcatches and how are they different from Ballstops?
- Ballcatches are used to retain high flying balls, preventing them from leaving the pitch area and so limit nuisance and damage to neighbouring properties.
- Heights typically range from 8.0 to 12.0m.
- Ballstops are used to retain low level balls from leaving the pitch boundary. Ballstops are available in varying levels of rigidity – the suitability of which is governed by the assessment of the frequency and force of impact.
- Heights typically range from 3.0 – 6.0m.
Previous locations we have installed our NK Sports Gaelic range at, along with related products are below:
NK Sports Products for GAA / Gaelic:
Related products are listed below,
Click on any product to find further details.
We have installed at:
Our systems have been installed at the following GAA venues: